Friday, February 14, 2014

Kiss slam the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame

Found this story earlier. Good for you Paul Stanley for saying the things about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame that many of us have thought since it's inception.

Reported at Classic Rock Magazine -
"My feelings and my ambivalence about the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame hasn’t changed any. Their attitude is elitist and it doesn’t reflect the public. It reflects a small group who dictate who meets the criteria that they set up as ‘rock and roll’. I’ve always felt the spirit of rock and roll meant not only ignoring your critics, but ignoring your peers and going your own way. I think we’ve done that pretty much with few exceptions for forty years. So that same criteria that kept us out has not gotten us in. I scratch my head a little and I also take issue with a certain arrogance within that group. Nonetheless I look at some of the inductees and any club that has Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton and The Who and the Beatles and the Stones is company I don’t mind being in and my feelings have nothing to do with any of them, it purely has to do with a system which I think is tainted, corrupted and distorted."
Here is the whole story.

Hit tip to Tom Saunders and Eric McKenna, my FB friends.

No comments: